Training (both of induction level as well as continuing Varieties)
Training and orientation of following target groups:
- Elementary school teachers (both pre-service and in-service).
- Head Masters, Heads of School Complexes and officers of Educational Department up to block level.
- Members of DBE and Village Education Committees (VEC’s), community leaders, youth and other volunteers who wish to work as educational activities.
- Resource persons who will conduct suitable programmes for the target groups mentioned in (i) at centers other than DIET.
Resource support (extension/guidance, development of materials, aids, evaluation tools etc.
- Academic and resource support to the elementary education system in the district in other ways e.g. by …
- Extension activities and interaction with the field,
- Provision of services of a resource and learning centre for teachers and instructors,
- Development of locally relevant materials, teaching aids, evaluation tools etc., and
- Serving as an evaluation centre for elementary schools.
Action research and experimentation to deal with specific problems of the district to achieving the objectives in the area of elementary education.
- To provide training and guidance for implementation of programmes like activity based and joyful learning and creating willingness to go to school.
- To undertake research and experiment to keep in mind problems of the educational arena and to solve them.
- To familiarize Headmasters, teachers, BRC, CRC co-coordinators and supervisors with new approach.
- To organize seminars and workshops to enhance the abilities for teaching subjects like Mathematics, Science, Work Experience, Art teaching and Yoga teaching at the primary school level.
- To provide guidance for diagnosis and remedies for abilities established by the students through capacity aimed evaluation and also lack of abilities thereof.
- To provide guidance and evaluation techniques to ensure success for activity based education.